Billy Blue Paddle
What to wear
What to bring
Ferry bus train
Here's a list of things you should consider bringing:
- Any medication you may require (please inform us of your medical needs). It's a good idea to carry any medication like an Asthma Reliever inhaler (puffer) in a waterproof bag on your person so it can be reached while paddling.
- Sun Screen. SPF 15+.
- A hat or cap (that won't blow off)
- Sunglasses - an essential on the water. If they get wet don't wipe the salt water off with a cloth as the salt crystals that form will scratch them. Rinse in fresh water first.
- Change of clothes for the end of the trip
- Camera. You'll need either a waterproof camera or at least a disposable camera that won't matter if it gets wet. It is not a good idea to use a non-waterproof camera on the water - it's too easy to drop one or get it splashed.
- We'll supply bottled mineral water on most our trips (not Before Work paddles). No alcohol on the paddle of course.