Billy Blue Paddle
What to wear
What to bring
Ferry bus train
|Natural Wanders |
|Kayak Adventures |
Established 1993 - Sydney's original sea kayak tour operator
As seen on TV with:
Licenced by Roads & Maritime NSW (Licence No. HD0260)
|Let us take you on a wander through one of the most magnificent harbours in the world. Discover its many bays and beaches, its beauty, its history and experience it in a way close to nature.|
We offer very personalised tours for small groups or individuals. We also have early morning paddles for those who live in Sydney and want to get fit and join one of our groups for a great start to your working day. If you don't want to paddle with a group we can also offer personal tours for just yourself or a couple.
Here are some of the trips we run:
It's a big harbour with 265 km of shoreline so talk to us if you'd like to find out what other paddles we can run.
- The Billy Blue Paddle This paddle is good first paddle although it is still quite adventurous. We paddle from Lavender Bay to Blues Point which is the ideal location for some great photos with the Harbour Bridge and Opera house in the background. We round the headland into Berrys Bay which is always interesting to explore. The total distance is approx 5.5 kms.
- The Balmain Paddle From our base in Lavender Bay we paddle west past Goat Island and explore the shores of Balmain, Birchgrove then across to Berry Island where we can do a short walk before our return paddle via Balls Head and across Berrys Bay. Total distance approx 10 kms.
- Private Tour On a Private Tour we'll take just you (or your group) on your own personalised tour. We can design the tour to suit your ability and preference. The Bridge Paddle route is a possibility for beginners on these trips. You can choose one of our listed tour routes or some variation on these.
- The Bridge Paddle This is available as a Private Tour. A very spectacular and adventurous paddle starting from our base in Lavender Bay just west of the Harbour Bridge we paddle under the bridge past the Opera House and explore the bays and beaches of Sydney's north shore with a stop on a beautiful beach in a bushland setting before our return paddle. Total distance is up to 14 kms but you can choose how far you'd like to go.
- Before Work paddles Get fit, have fun and meet new people on our these early morning paddles before work on weekdays. Join one of our five week series of paddles and come along each week and experience the harbour at it's best. The first session is instructional with a very short paddle then on subsequent sessions we paddle to new destinations to explore different parts of the harbour. The distances increase each week starting with around 5.5 kms on the second session and depending on the group building to around 8 kms by the fifth session.
Note that because we are based in the centre of Sydney Harbour it is not possible for us to hire out kayaks without a guide (The NSW Roads and Maritime Dept do not allow kayak hire in the central part of Sydney Harbour).
If you have any questions feel free to call me, Patrick, or just send me an Email: email@example.com.